Monday, December 31, 2007


This Christmas season came and went too fast. Katie made it in on Christmas eve and I have been soaking up every minute with her home. Van man decided to start walking a few days before Katie got home.  My aunt is convinced he was a closet walker and has been walking when we weren't around . There was no walk for a little bit but not be good at it. HE woke up on a Friday morning and walked everywhere the whole day. We now spend much of our time outside as he loves to explore with this new found talent. He continues to have such a sweet spirit that can't help but make you smile whenever he is in the room. He has become my busy bee boy. From the moment he wakes until his little eyelids hit the pillow for the night, he is on the move! Just in the last week he has really been testing Dan and I to see where the boundaries are and what he can get away with. We are really trying to be consistent with our discipline as we want to lay the ground rules early on.  With walking he has gained a whole new freedom and I think we are going to be spending a lot of time at the park!!! Since walking he has already gotten several bumps and bruises from walking into things, falling, splitting his lip open on a chair and the scariest for mom,  almost falling out the the bleachers at a basketball game. He got his leg caught in one of the bars and ended up falling but hanging from the bleachers upside down from his foot.  Katie was there with me and yelled HELP HElP and the man standing in front of the bleachers was able to help us get him untangled and he didn't fall. It was quite embarrasing as my dad came running over(during his game) and several people after the game asked me if he was ok. Katie said good thing I'm not Britney Spears because the tabloids would have been all over that story:) My aunt came down to visit from up North and we were out back catching up and letting Van romp around outside. Vander was walking happily around and he was a few feet from walking right to a spot on the patio that would knock him in the head. I made an interesting comment saying its so funny how we can sit here and see he's clearly headed for a bad situation where he will get hurt, and he has NO idea, he is  just walking along no clue he is headed for such danger. My dad said " I wonder if that is what God says about us" We all kinda chuckled, but it is interesting to ponder.

No comments: