Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Van's 1 Year appointment


Today was Van's 1 year appointment. We love going to the Dr. because as of yet it has always been just a check up, he has not been sick. He weighed in at 27 lbs and was 33 inches. He is in the 80th percentile for weight and well above 100 percent for height. I think we have a long lanky boy on our hands:) The Dr. said he looks great, meeting all the milestones and to remember these days when he isn't running all over the place because he said he gives him two weeks until he's everywhere. When the Dr. looked in Van's mouth he said he is really working on his molars. The back left one is already in and the other three are close behind. He said pain wise each point on the molar is like its own tooth, so for each one it feels like he is getting 4 teeth!! Vander is already a good student, every time we go to the Dr. he listens intently and then does exactly what the Dr. says. So... tonight after dinner Dan and I were sharing a bowl of ice cream and guess who wanted some. He wanted it so bad that he walked right over to me!!! Granted it only took four steps to get there, but I think my days of not chasing a running monster around are numbered!

2 comments:

Emma and Travis said...

He walked!!!!! Where was the phone call...text...myspace...anything!!! jk. I hope he runs soon!

I also having money that you were not sharing an ice cream so to say...my bet is the intent was to share and then Dan prob got about a bite or two in :)

Katie said...

I'm with Emma- no call, text, e-mail, myspace??? This is a big deal!!! hahahha- ok I'm a nerd and am still leaving this comment although I'm talking to you right now!