Thursday, April 14, 2011

Vander learns to ride a bike and save souls

I remember my dad teaching me to ride a bike. I remember his short shorts and him running next to me and me begging him not to let go. I remember falling, I remember begging to quit. I remember not being able to keep the handle bars straight and my hands going side to side causing the bike to turn from right to left. These are my memories of learning to ride a bike. Here is Vander's story of learning to ride his bike:

Dan takes the training wheels off one night after dinner at my parents:

wheels

Dan takes Vander into the street, Vander gets nervous and says he thinks he will ride his scooter instead. Dan says if he rides his bike without the training wheels he can have dessert. Vander agrees.

riding

Off he goes riding by himself.

hedidit

Proud Dad!

prouddad


He did something else this week that made me even prouder. We were sitting at the the table eating a bowl of cereal. Vander says" mom do you know what my verse is at school right now?" Mom- No hun what is it?
Van- Its the same one as last week John 3:16" For God so loved that world that he gave His only son that whoever should believe in Him shall not perish but have life that lasts foreverlasting"
(I smile in my head not correcting his version of everlasting life)
Mom- That's great sweetheart
Van- I am always going to remember this one. I think when I go to kindergarten there might be some kids who don't know that. I 'll remember it so I can tell them.

Love that kid and he is constantly reminding me of what is truly important!!

2 comments:

cindy said...

crying

Emma Hardeman said...

1. I still swear I was waaayy older than Van was when I learned how to ride I bike! But than again, your dad did say he is already more athletic than me ;) Way to go Van Man!
2. Love how my 4 year old nephew is already prepared to share God's word. :)
3. Don't let Trav teach him how to do bunny hops.