Friday, May 16, 2008

New York, Caribbean





5 years ago Dan and I went on a cruise and had a blast. Ever since then about every other week Dan has asked when we were going to go on another one. Well for his birthday I surprised him and we went to New York saw the city, and then left out of New York for the Southern Caribbean on a 9 day cruise. My parents were kind and brave enough to have Vander come stay with them the whole time! People kept telling us that we were going to be miserable missing our boy and not be able to enjoy our time.  Well, we definately missed Van, but he was having a blast at grandmas, and we were lavishly enjoying ourselves on our cruise. It was great to sleep in, go to breakfast, eat our food while it was hot, enjoy each other's conversation, and then head for the pool to soak up the sun and read a good book.  Dan and I had such a great time together, it was a fabulous vacation. My mom would also email me every night with pictures of what Van did that day. We came back so refreshed and rested, thanks mom and dad!!







3 comments:

Katie said...

Every time I look at the picture of Van Man in his inner tube with his dorky hair cut I laugh out loud. Have you done anything about the mullet/bowl cut yet? He looked pretty dang cute sitting on mom and dad's bed though.

Lesley Miller said...

Oh my gosh Heidi! I've missed your blogging and seeing new pics of Vander! He has grown so much in the last two months. I love his hair!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to show Landon how Vander brushes his teeth...that should make him more cooperative.