Wednesday, May 4, 2011

50 baskets

van

vanform

shot

vanshooting

hudson

defense

It's not even 9 am and Vander has made 50 baskets. Yes he loves basketball but he has an ulterior motive, infinity blade. There is a game on Dan's ipad that Vander played a few times and became quite obsessed with. He loves picking out his armor, deciding what weapon he is going to use, what helmet he will complete his outfit with and then he finds the bad guys and politely says to them" wanna dance big fellow?" I chuckled as I heard him say this. The battle last about 10 seconds and the game is over. Here is the thing, I don't want Vander playing a ton of video games, I don't want that to be what he is thinking and talking about all the time. So we don't let him play very often but that does not keep him from asking 20 times an hour if he can go to battle. My dad was over the other day as Vander was campaigning for us to let him play on the ipad. My dad had a great idea, he told Vander " sure you can play once after you make 10 baskets" Vander was STOKED!!! He ran outside took 15 minutes and actually made more then 10 because his count kept going 1.2.3.4...... 2.3.4...3.4.5..... he was so excited about getting to play once that he kept losing tract of his count. He ran in the house, played his 15 seconds of game, put it down and said " can I play once more if I make 10 more?" So basically he owes my dad if he ends up going pro and having a Kyle Korver shot because at this rate he is willing to make a couple hundred shots a day just for a few chances to battle in infinity blade.

2 comments:

Katie said...

So many things I love about this post. I love that Vander is shooting in his undies. I love Huddy's face when he shoots. I love Dad's tricky parenting methods he must have used on us as well to get us to practice shooting.

Emma Hardeman said...

I think van is the only 4 year old I know with a 6 pack.

And, your dad must have done that with you guys because Trav has said before our kids can't go to sleepovers or whatever until they make a certain amount of free throws, lol. I love that parenting technique! I bet Huddy would shoot 100 for fruit snacks :)